Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wow, this is Geylang.

I was in Geylang for dinner, had very good lobster, Chilli Crab, Cereal Crayfish, Pomfret, Tofu Prawns, Scallops with asparagus. Pretty satisfied.

However, when I was going to get some durians, I witnessed a man opening a car door at the traffic lights and pulling the driver out and speeding off with his car. No one else on the street seem to be bothered and as I was looking around for cameras, I just realized that this was REAL.

Damn it! Where are my cameras? But anyway, I saw the man took out his phone and called some people, and noticed what seemed to be a handle of a pistol at the back of his shirt. Wow! I guess this guy does not need help.

I guess, this is life. And when I was eating some durians moments later, my friend complained to me that a week ago, a "China lady" entered his car at the traffic lights and started stripping. She asked him if he wanted to go to a hotel and she would give him a "discount". But when he refused, she threatened to scream. "RAPE" if he does not pay her.

She took $200 in cash and left the car, all within the next traffic light change.

I did not realize that it is so bad now at Geylang.

I guess the moral of the story is to lock your car doors at all times in Singapore. For your own safety.

--Iron Bowl

No comments: