Thursday, October 14, 2010

Singapore - Non-Eco-friendly


I don't understand the over reliance on plastic in Singapore. My mom will ask for "Extra plastic bags" from the supermarket, just to throw them away at home, citing "They are free bags, so take loh." and "What if the bags break while I carry my groceries, need to double or triple bag them."

I can't remember the last time I had fast food before today, but I remembered that everywhere I go, I get take away in brown paper bag. I don't know when it started but getting fast food in plastic bag is just weird. When I get food in paper bag, I recycle the paper bag, and when I get it in the plastic bag, it gets tossed in the bin.

When I asked McDonalds, there is not an option for paper bags anymore. I believe Singapore is the only country where McDonalds do not offer paper bags. There is lots of talk on Green, but absolutely no action. I'm very disappointed.

-- Iron Bowl

No comments: