Sunday, July 24, 2011

Inconsiderate Cardboard Collector


There is an old man collecting cans and cardboard boxes living in Blk 81B, Toa Payoh Lor 4 (2nd floor) and there is nothing wrong making some extra money recycling, however, it is how he gets to these things to recycle.

For example, he would take everything from an LCD TV box out, throw it on the ground beside the refuse bin and keep the box for cardboard, but leave the styrofoam on the ground.

He would also go to the refuse bin and empty the rubbish out just to get to a few cans. At times I would pity him, but when he empties the trash on the ground, it simply annoys me as the trash may get into out drains, clog them and attract pests.

I have picked up some of the trash after him, but this has been going on for years. I've spoken to town council people and they say there is nothing they can do. Really? I can litter and there is nothing they can do but to clean it up?

I know the rents of the Toa Payoh HDB 5 room flat can be as high as $3k a month, and I have a question, why don't you live some where else and freakin save $$ on rent and not dirty our living spaces!

-- Iron Bowl

No comments: