Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Naming of Indonesian Warship

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/singapore-explains-stance-ship-naming-welcomes-jakartas-overture-20140

As a Singaporean, I don't understand why are the politicians still talking about the issue which was closed years ago.

The bombing of MacDonald House too place on March 10, 1965. BEFORE SINGAPORE WAS SINGAPORE.

I've talked to many older people in Toa Payoh, Tiong Barhu and various housing estates whether they cared about what happened in 1965, and ALL of them simply answered, there were many things that exploded and burnt down in those days, as long as they don't do it again, what Indonesia name their warship is their business.

I don't really feel that any country would want to remember their soldiers for bombing and killing people, but the fact that they are considered war heros and Lee Kuan Yew was ok with that, I guess the book is closed.

It is a totally non-issue, but the PAP ministers seemed to be unable to let things go, and Singapore Media have to cover the whole story over and over again, to somehow show their protest to Indonesia and ask for another apology?

I have two words for Foreign Minister K. Shanmugam. "Move On."

If Indonesian warships are named "K. Shanmugam My Ass" perhaps, then he will have a case to ask them to rename their warship.

By the way, if I have a new "toy" I think you would know what I would name it next.

-- Ironbowl

1 comment:

The said...

/// As a Singaporean, I don't understand why are the politicians still talking about the issue which was closed years ago. ///

Yes, it was closed decades ago. But Indonesia decided to re-open old wounds by naming their frigate after terrorists.

You should direct your spiel against the Indons.